Saturday, August 8, 2009

Before the Memories Fade: Bob Adelman

While taking a short vacation in Florida, I set up an interview with Bob Adelman, photographer and social activist known for his historic coverage of the Civil Rights Movement. The interview was held in Bob's Miami home on August 6th.

Upon entering his house I saw some of his fantastic work displayed on the walls. All I can say is "Wow!" On a personal level, Bob was very easy going and had a lot of good stories to tell.

During the interview, Bob told me how he got interested in the movement and why he began to travel and shoot photographs, many times while in harms way. He also explained why he believes he became trusted by many people in the movement to deliver the truth through photography.

I think the interview went well and Bob provided some great insight into the movement. I had a great time and hope to get back down to Miami and talk with Bob again.

At the end of the interview Bob autographed one of his many books for me. Thanks again, Bob!

If you'd like more information on Bob Adelman and to see some of his work, visit: http://www.bobadelman.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment